Wednesday, July 19, 2006

GUEST-POST from Actor Americus Abesamis


A special treat for all you That IMTA Blog readers...a guest-post from Americus Abesamis, who starred in the smash hit of the summer Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest.

"This is Americus Abesamis, IMTA Alumni of 1999 and 2000 with Tomorrow Talent NY. I wanted to give you my acting career update. In the last 5 years, I have been featured in numerous films, TV shows, commercials, music videos, theme parks, promos, print jobs. I moved from Jersey City, New Jersey to Burbank, California.
Currently, featured on "Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest". I have starred in an episode of the TV series "Monk". I have appeared on Season 1 of GSN's "Extreme Dodgeball", several episodes of ABC's "Jimmy Kimmel Live". Also I have appeared on music videos for Eminem, Britney Spears, Brian McKnight, Kaci Brown, etc. I booked principal on several commercials for Independence Air, AllState Insurance, Ford, and recently, Campbell's Soup. I also have worked for Universal Studios Theme Park in Los Angeles and Six Flags Great Adventure in New Jersey as a theme park performer. There are many other projects too numerous to list as well.
I am currently repped by Origin Talent for commercials, Chateau-Billings for Film/TV. I am managed by TalentInk LA/NY. IMTA and Tomorrow Talent was a jumpstart in my acting career. They provided me the training and encouragement to follow my dreams. IMTA gave me the experience to further my acting career. The competitions pushed me to bring out my best. I attended the IMTA three times, and each time, I got better and better. It was one of my best experiences in my life. I have made many friends and contacts while at the IMTA."

On Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest see two alumni from the IMTA. Americus Abesamis and Neil Panlasigui. Americus was featured as a Native Throne Guard next to Capt. Jack Sparrow (played by Johnny Depp). Neil played the native child who meets Sparrow trying to escape. The Native scenes were shot on the island of Dominica in the Southeast Caribbean Isles. Special note: stay after the end credits to see a special movie clip featuring Americus.

No comments:

Post a Comment