Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Jessica Seinfeld bugs


Jessica Seinfeld's book on putting pureed vegetables into recipes to get children to eat healthy food has been a hit. There are two reasons for this:
  • a) She is married to Jerry Seinfeld
  • b) She went on Oprah and gave her thousands of dollars of shoes

She has been accused of plagiarism since another book came out with basically the same ideas and recipes six months before hers. Naturally, this other book was not a national best seller. This is her response:
*
"I can understand why she would be upset. You know, first of all when you have a huge success, you know this, people tend to look for the cracks, anything that would break you down a little bit. There's always negative where there's positive. This was such an immediate success, this book, that I think people were looking for things to pick a part, but I can understand why she would've been frustrated.

She did a book with a similar topic a few months earlier and it must have been hard for her to see how quickly my book took off. I never saw her book or her recipes. Never as a person would I do something like what I was accused of doing. I mean, I really didn't need to do this book."

No comments:

Post a Comment