Friday, December 7, 2007

Whitney Gamble books lead role in feature film! With an exclusive IMTA interview!

Whitney Gamble booked a lead role in Por Vida, a feature film starring Danny Glover, Laz Alonso, and Snoop Dogg about South L.A. gangs. Whitney competed at IMTA LA 2007 and signed with Kim Flowers Management and Diverse Talent Group. Whitney was first runner up for Ready for My Closeup and was an Honorable Mention for Fitness Model of the Year! Whitney is also a former Miss Teen Georgia.

An IMTA insider exclusive interview with Whitney is below!

IMTA: What was it like working on the movie?

Whitney: Working on the movie was a wonderful experience. Alan Jacobs, the director, Danny Glover, Laz Alonso, and Snoop Dogg all made me feel extremely comfortable being that this was my first time on camera. We worked on set from 7am until 9pm almost everyday we shot and were well taken care of! I worked hard on my scenes with the director and cast mates and tried to bring believability with every take, because after all that is what playing a character is all about. Believability and connecting with the audience.
IMTA: What kind of experience was IMTA for you?

Whitney: IMTA was definitely a LIFE changing experience. I would still be in good ol' Savannah, Georgia wondering how I am going to accomplish my career goals if it weren't for IMTA. IMTA gave me the chance to be in front of REAL industry professionals who could help get my career started. IMTA also gave me my chance to shine without having to worry about anyone else. Yes there were competitions, but IMTA was also a showcase in which everyone got a chance to put their best foot forward. I did and look where IMTA and ALOT of determination got me.
IMTA: What's next for you?

Whitney: Wow there is so much! I am going to begin writing a script for a movie based on my life experinces and how I overcame alot to get to where I am today. I have made great connections with people in the industry who are willing to help. I'm also attending college in the mean time because getting an education is VERY important. I want to obtain a degree in Film and Television from UCLA in the future. Of course I want to continue doing film and television. Hopefully "Por Vida" will launch the beginning of a promising career in acting!

We look forward to seeing a lot more of Whitney Gamble soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment