Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Matt Leinart: deadbeat dad


People magazine just released the following story:

Matt Leinart's ex-girlfriend, Brynn Cameron, reveals that when it comes to parenting, she's the star quarterback. "It's kind of hard for me as the mom, I'm with Cole" – her 9-month-old son with Leinart – "probably 99.9 percent of the time – to open a magazine or read a newspaper article with Matt saying, 'Oh, I love being a dad. I love changing diapers. I love doing this.' I'm like, Wait, what?" Cameron, 21, tells the Ventura County Star. "It's been hard when I'm doing all the work, but he gets all the credit," she says. Arizona Cardinals 6'5" quarterback Leinart, 24, and University of Southern California basketball Cameron dated briefly but later split in 2006. Cameron currently lives with her parents and the baby, whose full name is Cole Cameron Leinart. Although Leinart recently gushed about being a father, Cameron has her own strong feelings. The former USC quarterback "comes and goes whenever he wants," she says. "I don't want to sit here and bad-mouth his lifestyle," she says, "but it is hard because we are different people. He likes that Hollywood stuff and I don't like that." Leinart, who has been linked to Paris Hilton, will join his Cardinals teammates at training camp in late July. Cameron plans to return to campus this fall. "It's hard, but I have to raise Cole to be a strong, secure kid so he knows what's right and wrong, what's good and bad and what really matters in life, which isn't what's going on in Hollywood or who's dating who," says Cameron. ''That's not what it's all about, and I think he'll know that being raised by me."

Well at least Cameron and the baby will have plenty of dough.

No comments:

Post a Comment