Thursday, July 26, 2007

More of Catherine Zeta Jones from the Today show- aka the woman who would look great if her age was 45




Here is an excerpt:
On how she utilizes the kitchen in her real life: “I don’t cook. I pass the kitchen, but just to get to the other room.”
On preparing for her role in “No Reservations”: “It was like going to school for the first day when I arrived in that kitchen,” she said, also calling the experience, “terrifying.”
On being a waitress: “It was a very interesting lesson how people don’t make eye contact sometimes with the server. It took a while until somebody said to me, ‘Has anyone ever told you you look like that actress, Catherine Zeta-Jones?’” She would respond, ““Yeah, I get that all the time.”
On how she related to her character in the movie: “I can equate some of her characteristics. Not that I’m as completely compulsive and a perfectionist the way she is in the kitchen. Her life revolves around the kitchen and she’s a perfectionist and she’s in control in the kitchen. [But] when I was single without any kids, I used to do that with my career in a way. Not to the extent my character does in the movie. But I did nothing else. If somebody said, ‘Do you want to go to China? There’s a movie.’ I’d say, ‘What flight? Pack my bag.’ ”
On the beauty of cooking: “I was there in a working kitchen. It just fascinated me how everything moved so beautifully and fluidly. If you took the sound out, the clanking of the pans and the sizzling of the pans, it was like a ballet — the way they moved, no one was bumping into each other.”

No comments:

Post a Comment