Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Reupholstering my old chair

Since everyone is trying to renew, reuse and renovate - here's my contribution! This chair was left in the cottage we purchased a few years ago and I resisted my husband's suggestion to throw it out. I loved the lines of it and figured I could somehow renew it. I found out from an antiques expert that the chair is from the 1920's, the upholstery was sitting on top of the chair and the filling was straw!

Here's the before photo

Well - skip ahead to many years later and I finally got it finished. I spent a good deal of time searching for the "perfect" fabric and finally found it at Rockland Textiles. I then painted the frame black and had it professionally reupholstered. I love it and my husband can't believe it is the same chair. So now it has a new life in my family room!








I believe that every space can be comfortable, warm, elegant and beautiful. I would love to help you achieve your beautiful space – email me at lisa@lisagouletdesign.com or if in the Ottawa area call me at 613-762-0818.

No comments:

Post a Comment