Sunday, June 6, 2010

PAINTED END TABLES

Sorry for the delay in my posts - we’ve been so busy with work projects and high school graduation ceremonies and proms that I have been quite neglectful with my posts.  So here’s a project that I finished last summer and hadn’t had a chance to share with everyone. 

Last spring during our city's "Put it out for free day" I picked up some great wood end tables. They were in great shape but with the typical mid-brown stain colour. I didn't know what I was going to do with them just that they were too good to pass up.

In my excitement to get going on them I totally forgot to get a before photo but I found this one which is almost identical except my drawer is deeper and there is no shelf.

When I got them home my daughter, Kayla claimed them for her room for night tables. So we painted them a pale pink with purple drawers in keeping with her pink, purple and pale orange room. 

Later on that summer I found some crystal knobs at an antique store to add to the general girlie-ness (is that a word??) of them and here they are:

IMG_0900

IMG_0892

Doesn’t it look so cute?? Fits in perfectly with my daughter’s style.  The dresser I bought awhile back from Kijiji and posted about here will also be going in this bedroom as well. 

So once the dresser is all finished and in place, I’ll post some photos of the room in it’s entirety.

I believe that every space can be comfortable, warm, elegant and beautiful. I would love to help you achieve your beautiful space!

Email me at lisa@lisagouletdesign.com or if in the Ottawa area call me at 613-762-0818.

Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment