Monday, September 13, 2010

FREE STANDING OR CLAW FOOT???

How do you feel about free standing tubs?  They are everywhere, especially claw foot tubs.  I hate to say it but I’m getting a little tired of the claw foot ones. Does anyone else feel like me? 

Don’t get me wrong I like the look of claw foot tubs – they are so romantic and feminine, but I can’t help but think there would be so much cleaning to do behind and under and around them.  Sorry the Mom of four (together with three cats) in me is showing… I probably would go for one of the free standing tubs that is on a platform in order to avoid the cleaning.

Here’s some inspirational pics:

apartment therapy- red clawfoot tub eclectic bathroom

Love the red in this bathroom – so unexpected!

Nate_Berkus_bathroom 

A free standing one that feels a little more modern.

Fogarty Finger - Architecture Interiors contemporary bathroom
Complete contrast between antique and modern.
notebook-magazine-wabi-sabi-bathroom
A rustic looking bath tub and bath accessories.
 
Joe Nye via House Beautiful 
Very interesting with those blue tiles and I think it is the same tub that Nate used.
Karyl Pierce Paxton via House Beautiful 
A beautiful European style bathroom – the graphic floor adds lots of drama.
House Beautiful
 Love the hits of black and brown in this bathroom – I wonder if the floor is actually stones? Though I think I would have to remove that small rug – totally out of place!Paolo Moschino via House Beautiful
Interesting feet on this one – almost looks like slippers… I love the use of the hutch in the bathroom.
Porcher clawfoot tub 
WOW! What a tub – makes such a statement – I would keep everything else in the bathroom white in order for the tub to be the focal point.
via Countryliving 
What a charming bathroom!  I think that is a mantle behind the tub.
via I wanna sing like sassy blog 
I love this colour of green on the walls – so fresh and spring like. 
via Teamsugar 
A very interesting paint treatment on this tub – I guess it was done during the barcode trend awhile back
Vicente Wolf via House Beautiful
This one looks like it is carved from stone…very dramatic!
 25 Beautiful Homes Aug 2006 via Apartment Therapy
A beautifully simple bathroom.
 
Dana Lyon via House Beautiful
This is my favourite – I love, love that window and it looks so French!
David Kleinberg via House Beautiful 
Another one on a platform – such a beautiful setting and that room beyond looks heavenly.
Frank Roop via House Beautiful
This looks like it would be so peaceful to just lie and soak and look up at that incredibly high ceiling.
Deocorology viathellittlebighouseblog
Another serene bathroom…
  Jeffrey Bilhuber via House Beautiful
A lovely masculine bathroom.
Andre Rothblatt, Architect: Bathrooms traditional bathroom
Beautiful scenery outside…
 
eclectic pink bath- livingetc eclectic bathroom
Oh so girly – so pink – my daughters would be all over this one!
Elegance & Decay eclectic bathroom
I love the back – looks like it would be great for reading in.
Gast Architects: Projects traditional bathroom
Such a beautiful palette pale blue, white and black.

coastal living

What romance with that netting!  Love blue in the bathroom. 

H&Hwebsitefrenchbathroom

I know, I’ve used this photo before but I couldn’t help it I just love this bathroom – especially all that fab storage and the chandelier….

So what do you have and love or what would you love to have?

I believe that every space can be comfortable, warm, elegant and beautiful. I would love to help you achieve your beautiful space!

Email me at lisa@lisagouletdesign.com or if in the Ottawa area call me at 613-762-0818.

Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment