Saturday, November 13, 2010

LIVING ROOM REDO - CHAPTER 2

For Chapter 2 on my odyssey to redo my living room, I thought it would be best to show you what I have now and then you can see what I replace and repurpose.

So here’s the list of items that I currently have.

Camel back sofa

100_1688

Luckily I bought it in navy moirĂ© striped fabric that I still love and I’m just debating whether I want to remove the skirt and add wood legs or just leave it as is.  Decisions, decisions…..

Wing chairs

IMG_1490

I have two of these beauties and I did love the Robert Allen fabric at one time and it is still in great shape but it’s quite dated now. So, I’ve decided to slipcover them instead of reupholstering and you never know it may come back in style.

I haven’t decided exactly what fabric I will be using so I’ll be on the hunt shortly.  I am thinking something linen but we’ll see what I find.

 

 

 

 

 

Armoire

IMG_1492

This was purchased about 10 years ago to put our TV in.  I still like it and it adds much needed height to my living room.

Anyways, I'm thinking of making it into a bar.  Put some fancy wine glasses & decanters on the top mirrored shelf and add shelves to the interior for wine storage,etc….

 

 

Antique Tilt-Table

IMG_1489 

I purchased this table about 5 years ago from an antique store. It is from the 1800’s but alas it doesn’t still tilt as someone screwed the mechanism shut but I love the pedestal base.  It is definitely staying!!

Coffee table

IMG_1495

This coffee table will be leaving.  It is cherry wood but it is not the right shape and I need something with some sparkle.  

 

 

 

Side table

IMG_1491

 

 

This cute little Duncan Phyfe table is from Gibbard and was a treasure found in bad shape in our cottage.  My Dad and I fixed it up and it’s been in the living room ever since.  I may find a new home for it.

 

 

IMG_1483

 

Floor lamp

This is one of my more recent purchases from Home Sense and I think I will be keeping it.

 

Draperies

IMG_1487

I purchased these ready made and I do like them but I think I will be purchasing lining to line them.  I also have been wanting to add some woven blinds to the windows for a layering effect.

 

 

 

 

 IMG_1484

Table lamp

A table lamp that is another recent purchase that I think I will be keeping.

 

So in case you are keeping a tally I need fabric to recover the wing chairs, a new coffee table, lining for draperies and woven blinds.  I also need an area rug and a large chandelier (when I moved in I had a light box installed in the ceiling of the living room which has remained unused).  I’ll need some items to repurpose the armoire into a bar and probably some accessories, though I’m sure I have some I can kidnap from other parts of the house.

Stay tuned for the next chapter….

I believe that every space can be comfortable, warm, elegant and beautiful. I would love to help you achieve your beautiful space!

Email me at lisa@lisagouletdesign.com or if in the Ottawa area call me at 613-762-0818.

Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment