Wednesday, December 1, 2010

HOLIDAY BAKE A THON

When I saw that Kelly over at Jax Does Design was having a holiday bake a thon I thought I had better get in on it as I copped out of the last one on her.

After checking out the recipes I picked Chocolate Nutella Cookies.  Don’t they sound yummy!  I and everyone else in my family love Nutella and since they were everywhere when we were in Italy and Paris – I thought it was a sign.

For the recipe click here.

First of all I got all the ingredients together – I love when a recipe doesn’t have too many ingredients – so much simpler.  The only ingredient that I didn’t get at my local grocery store was the finely ground hazelnut powder – but I found it at Bulk Barn.  I had a hard time not just eating the nutella before it went into the mixer!

IMG_2681

Okay next I creamed the butter and sugar together - I will mention here that I ended up adding about 1/8 of a cup more of butter to the recipe as it needed some more moisture in the end.

IMG_2682

Then in goes the nutella – YUMM!

IMG_2687

Then in goes the flour, baking powder and salt.  Last but not least you add in the melted chocolate chips and the hazelnut powder.

IMG_2685

IMG_2688

Now you roll about a teaspoon of the mixture into a ball and place on a cookie tray lined with parchment paper.

IMG_2689

I got about double the amount of cookies from this recipe so maybe I made them a little smaller than the recipe suggested.  Usually, I don’t get nearly the amount that the recipe states – so that’s a bonus!

They only take about 10 minutes in a 350 degree oven.  Here they are cooling on the rack.

IMG_2690

And then ready to enjoy with a cup of tea.  The verdict – they taste just like nutella and give you a real chocolately hit of flavour – just need to have them with a cup of tea, coffee or a glass of milk.

IMG_2691         

So now go check out all the other bakers and see what their yummy treats are at Jax Does Design’s Bake a Thon!!!

button

I believe that every space can be comfortable, warm, elegant and beautiful. I would love to help you achieve your beautiful space! Email me at lisa@lisagouletdesign.com or if in the Ottawa area call me at        613-762-0818.

Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment