Monday, December 6, 2010

LIVING ROOM – CHAPTER 3

Thought it was time to post an update on my living room makeover.  So far I’ve picked up an area rug.

IMG_2819

I love the colours – blue, gray and white.  It felt contemporary and traditional, all at the same time.  It ties in with my navy sofa and adds some gray into the room.

I also bought a new glass coffee table with gorgeous crossed legs.  I just love that it makes the room seem larger and that you can see the beautiful rug underneath.

IMG_2823

And I’ve ordered a chandelier and it’s a beauty.  It is quite large at 30” x 34” and has a large crystal hanging from the bottom.  Problem with this is that it has to be hung from the 17’ ceiling – hubby thinks he can do it, but where do we get a ladder that long?

3459228-OS

I’ve also ordered a small campaign table. Sorry I don’t have an exact photo of it, but it looks something like this.  It has a dark metal finish and I think it will be a great contrast to the light linen upholstery fabric I will be using for the wing chairs.

5752l5j_19

I forgot to include my round mirror in the list of items that were already in the room in my last post here. I bought it a couple of years ago and I’ll definitely be keeping it.  The antiqued silver finish should match nicely to the chandelier I’ve ordered.

IMG_1494

So that’s where the living room is now.  I hope to be purchasing some fabric soon for the wing chairs.  I was going to slipcover them, but I’ve fallen in love with the idea of using upholstery tacks along the edge of the chairs. Unfortunately, slip covers and upholstery tacks don’t work together, so I’ve decided to upholster them.  It doesn’t look like I will receive the fabric in time to get them done by Christmas so I’m hoping for soon after. 

I am also in the process of picking out some woven wood roman shades and I’ll be lining the current drapes so that they hang better.  That’s it for now.  Stay tuned………..

I believe that every space can be comfortable, warm, elegant and beautiful. I would love to help you achieve your beautiful space! Email me at lisa@lisagouletdesign.com or if in the Ottawa area call me at        613-762-0818.

Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment