Sunday, December 12, 2010

SEASIDE BREAK…..

Well, how about a little seaside break from the snow, ice, cold, not to mention, Christmas shopping, decorating, baking, wrapping and cooking!

I took these photos during our trip to Italy this past fall.  Specifically they were taken during our drive along the Amalfi Coast and visit to Positano.  Take my word for it, Positano is absolutely breathtaking!  I hope these pictures make you feel a little warmer…..

This is at the start of our drive along the coast line.

IMG_2041

 

IMG_2055

And upon arrival at our hotel in Positano, this view greeted us in our hotel room – it was so, so stunning!

IMG_2071

IMG_2075

The hotel we stayed at was built into the side of the mountain and the lobby is five floors below where you enter.  So, you come in and take the elevator down five floors to enter the lobby.  But that’s not the coolest part, this is the lobby and…

IMG_2090

this is part of the rock that the hotel is built against.  Isn’t that the neatest thing!

IMG_2089

The view that greeted us in the morning.  When I think of “my happy place”, this is it!

 IMG_2101 IMG_2106

The outdoor terrace where we had breakfast, nestled with some lemon and orange trees.

 IMG_2109 IMG_2111IMG_2110

 If it had been warmer we would definitely have ended up here……

IMG_2113

but it didn’t stop my hubby from taking a dip in the heated outdoor pool.

IMG_2068

So instead, we walked down the many, many stairs to walk on the beach.

IMG_2116

The beautiful little town of Positano.  Aren’t the pastel stucco exteriors gorgeous against the rugged mountain backdrop?

IMG_2128

 

IMG_2138

IMG_2170

IMG_2157

A lovely little terrace on our way back up.

IMG_2160

 

 

IMG_2163

Ah, I feel warmer already.  Hope you do too!

I believe that every space can be comfortable, warm, elegant and beautiful. I would love to help you achieve your beautiful space! Email me at lisa@lisagouletdesign.com or if in the Ottawa area call me at        613-762-0818.

Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment