Friday, March 18, 2011

BIRDS, BIRDS, EVERYWHERE.......

I saw this video over at Arren Williams blog and I was laughing so hard, my kids came over to see what Milo had done now..... (Milo's our resident clown cat).

I thought it was so appropriate, as when I was out shopping yesterday I kept noticing all the bird motifs on bowls, cups, artwork, even little bird statutes.  I was thinking to myself, Geez, I think I am over the birds, I think we are getting a little bird crazy!  I mean there were plenty of bird motif items in the last few years BUT they are still out there EVERYWHERE, ABSOLUTELY EVERYWHERE. and I mean EVERYWHERE.

Now, I have to admit I do like them and I have certainly purchased a number of them for my home over the last two years.  Then, I started thinking how many bird items do I have?  Let's see - birds on my kitchen canisters' lids, on my family room lamp, bird soap dish, bird in a Christmas snow globe, birds as tea light holders and even in some of my artwork...YIKES I do have a lot and I'm a cat lover..... ;)

BUT there is a point when it becomes OVER SATURATION.....



I mean just at Bowring I saw all these items.











Then from Pier I, I found these -















All this just from two stores!!!

So do love them or hate them birds?  

I believe that every space can be comfortable, warm, elegant and beautiful. I would love to help you achieve your beautiful space! 

Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment