Monday, April 25, 2011

2011 SPRING TRENDS.........

I recently received the Style at Home Spring 2011 Trend Report, where editor-in-chief Erin McLaughlin named three of the big design trends that are popping up in the industry this spring.


1.  Hollywood Regency 
This is characterized by high glamour, elaborate chandeliers, mirrored surfaces and lots of lacquer.


                                    Source
               Adore Apr/May2011:VivianMansour


              Source: lonnymag.com
2.  Bold 80's colour
This includes bright neon hues, vibrant colours set against neutrals and white, as well as colour combinations of green and pink and also pink and yellow.








              Source for all above photos





                                    Source: lonnymag.com
                  Source: lookbook.elledecor.com
3.  Diminutive plants
Tiny little plants or bunches of flowers, which add a subtle freshness.  These are often shown in powder rooms or on a table top.




           Source for two above photos
   Adore Apr/May2011:DianeBergeron


                             Adore:Apr:May2011:VivianMansour


So which trend are you following?  


I know I am loving those cute little plants and flower bunches.  I just did this for Easter on my own table with yellow and green.  I also like the pops of bright colours on neutrals or whites. I have this trend in my family room where grays and beige are the neutrals and a fresh green is the pop of colour.  And I've also done this in my guest room, with white and green.




I believe that every space can be comfortable, warm, elegant and beautiful. I would love to help you achieve your beautiful space!  

Lisa




No comments:

Post a Comment