Friday, April 15, 2011

THE CONTINUING TRANSFORMATION......

After four years in this home, I have been gradually changing the foyer. Here's the transformation over the last year or so.   It started out looking something like this.



Okay but "yawn",  a little boring.  So, I decided to paint the doors black and it looked like this.  Better, but still......


(I did end up painting the closet doors black, later on.)  
So, now on to the hopefully, final stage - stenciling.  I had thought of doing wallpaper but I saw this stencil over at Royal Design Studios and loved it and thought that it would look terrific.


  

  After a couple of days painting, here's the results!




Isn't it just fabulous!  I so love it! 



Now I just need a new welcome mat.  Something with a little more pizazz!


I'll be linking this post up to Metamorphosis Monday on Between Naps on the Porch.   So on Monday, be sure to check out the other fabulous makeovers and transformations there!





I believe that every space can be comfortable, warm, elegant and beautiful. I would love to help you achieve your beautiful space!  

Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment