Sunday, March 21, 2010

Cottage Porch

In honour of Spring, here's one of my next projects to finish the interior of our cottage porch. We enclosed part of the deck a few years ago and haven't figured out exactly what we wanted to do on the inside. Preferably something that is little maintenance and not too expensive. I have an idea to use bead board on the ceiling and my husband wants to paint it a pale blue and I agree, it'll match the colour I used on the screen doors. The walls then will have the same bead board but I think I'll paint them a soft white. I am a little concerned about the bead board and the paint holding up to the elements - but I do plan on using exterior latex paint.

I scored a great deal on Kijiji a few weeks ago - a bamboo seating set - couch, loveseat, coffee and end tables with a cottagey type fabric - floral and stripes on the cushions. I plan to recover the cushions eventually with an exterior fabric, but that probably won't be too soon. The colours of the existing fabric actually go with my cottage colours (blue, green, yellow and pink) so no rush for that.

I can just imagine lounging while reading a design magazine (of course) and enjoying a nice cold drink!





I believe that every space can be comfortable, warm, elegant and beautiful. I would love to help you achieve your beautiful space – email me at lisa@lisagouletdesign.com or if in the Ottawa area call me at 613-762-0818.

No comments:

Post a Comment