Friday, March 19, 2010

Painted furniture

I'm a big fan of painted furniture - much to my Dad's horror! However, so many pieces look so much better with a fresh coat of paint. I have been doing this for years and I posted awhile back photos of my daughter's desk and dresser that I painted.

These are the chairs that we inherited with our cottage, they were an ugly shade of brown stain with fake red leather seats that had cracked and had no cushioning left. I painted them a soft white and added new foam and a cheery plaid fabric in green, yellow and blue (the official colours of my cottage). I also stain guarded them as we have children and lots of guests at the cottage.....

I think they look fantastic and the lovely detail of the back splat shows up much more now.






I believe that every space can be comfortable, warm, elegant and beautiful. I would love to help you achieve your beautiful space – email me at lisa@lisagouletdesign.com or if in the Ottawa area call me at 613-762-0818.

No comments:

Post a Comment