Thursday, July 22, 2010

Everybody Loves Katie!


People Magazine reports,"The Girl Scouts have got nothing on Katie Holmes! This is one sweet girl who comes armed with the best cookies in the world, according to the cast and crew of The Extra Man, who gushed about the actress's sweet ways at the movie's New York premiere on Monday. 'Katie Holmes is so much fun and really down to earth,' director Shari Springer Berman told PEOPLE on the red carpet. 'She bought cookies for everybody on the set one day. And they were the best cookies I ever had.'"

All of us at IMTA always knew Katie was sweet! She competed at IMTA in 1993 and 1995!

You can read a darling letter Katie Holmes sent us from the IMTA Archives right here exclusively on THAT IMTA BLOG!

--------------------------------------------------------------------

IMTA Spotlights...
Feature Film and Television Star
Katie Holmes...

Katie Holmes attended the IMTA New York Convention in July '95. She signed with Onorato/Guillod Entertainment and was cast in the Ang Lee feature film, The Ice Storm with Kevin Kline, Sigourney Weaver and IMTA discovery Elijah Woods, which is slated for a summer release. Katie has recently been cast in the lead role in a new television series "Dawson's Creek" which will air this fall. We have just received the following letter from her and felt it was so incredible that we wanted to share it:

"For years I have spent some time sitting in front of the television from 7:00 p.m. until 7:30 p.m. listening intently to John Tesh and Mary Hart inform me about which star was filming what new movie, who was dating who, and who was the rising new actor or actress. Hollywood and its numerous success stories seemed extremely far away and definitely from a world that I would never come into contact with.

On July 23, 1995 my life changed. This particular Sunday evening, I found myself in the New York Hilton for the International Modeling and Talent Association Convention. I was sitting in one of the ballrooms reciting a monologue in front of about 50 other contestants, as well as Al Onorato, David Guillod and Bobby Moresco, the men who were conducting this seminar on "Prepare to Compete". After I had finished, Al and Bobby offered some direction and had me alter it a little. I used my nervous anxiety to help me become more intense and, following my second performance, I felt elated. It was clear to me that something very special occurred in that ballroom that evening.

About six months later, I found myself in the Los Angeles office of Al Onorato, rehearsing an audition piece for the Ang Lee, film The Ice Storm. David, Al and Bobby had become my business managers following that memorable convention and encouraged me to audition in Los Angeles during the 6-week pilot season. Instead of viewing Hollywood on my T.V., I was there. Being in that untouchable world, experiencing the life of a beginning actress, was surreal. Suddenly this strange path of life seemed so normal. I love it.

My experience grew even more unbelievable. On May 21, 1996 I found myself in a trailer on Park Avenue in New York City, getting my hair and make-up done in order to transform myself into a teenager from 1973. I was anxiously waiting to begin filming The Ice Storm. Suddenly, I was part of Hollywood. I was then inside the walls of the business instead of remaining a curious outsider gazing in, struggling to discover what exactly takes place on the inside. I found myself chatting with actors whom I had read about for several years. After receiving directions by the highly acclaimed Hollywood director, Ang Lee, and talking to Kevin Kline for a substantial amount of time, it was time to begin becoming a professional actress.

My rather eventful and definitely memorable year provided me with such valuable life-long lessons that will forever remain a part of me. Fortunately, I was able to work with extremely focused, conscientious people who are completely unconcerned with the Hollywood myth. They work hard at their jobs and then retreat home to their families. I discovered that the Hollywood portrayed on Entertainment Tonight of exciting parties, premieres, galas, etc. is a distortion. The Hollywood I came into contact with is one of extremely talented people who spend their time participating in acting workshops, auditions, films, etc. in order to perfect their craft. The highly respected actors and directors are solely concerned with their work and concentrate on ways to improve. Although "Tinsletown" continues to be a mystery to all and several have benefited from the fortunate fate that seems to occur only in Hollywood, it remains to be true that even in Hollywood, those who diligently work hard are the people who achieve true and long-lasting success."

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Are you interested in competing at IMTA and seeing if you have what it takes to be a model, actor, singer or dancer? Please fill out our IMTA Information Request Form and browse our list of upcoming local searches.

No comments:

Post a Comment