Thursday, July 29, 2010

LATEST COTTAGE TREASURE UNVEILED!!

Okay, I won’t keep you in suspense any longer.  This is the latest in my posts about the little treasures my cottage revealed. 

As I mentioned before, when we purchased our cottage six years ago it came with some furnishings and a completely packed bunkie! 

After many trailer loads to the dump there were a few things that I’ve kept because I thought they were interesting and that they may have some value. 

Well this is one of the treasures we found -

IMG_1110 

A wallpaper sample book from Empire Wallpapers Limited (a Sunworthy company) called Studio Masterpieces.  As you can see the cover has some mildew damage as it has been stored in that unheated bunkie for who knows how long.  And I have to admit it is a little smelly.  There have been a few protests about it’s odour since I brought it home….

The previous owner’s used the book as a place to press leaves and flowers and there were tons of them still in the book when I found it.  Luckily that didn’t seem to do much damage to the pages inside.  

As there was no date anywhere on the book I did some digging and found out that this book is from the 1940’s (twenty years older than what I originally thought).

Here’s some of the beautiful designs:

IMG_1162This one is called Dinner Date here’s the description of it that they included below.

IMG_1120

Some more floral patterns. 

IMG_1163 

IMG_1126

 And some leaves in different colourwaves…..

IMG_1165

IMG_1168  IMG_1166 This one is called the Canadian Sportsman – the description follows below.


IMG_1119 IMG_1114This one is called Pillement Chinese.

IMG_1186

IMG_1173

This one is called Williamsburg. 

IMG_1194

There’s even some ones called Moderne.

IMG_1175 IMG_1189

IMG_1188 

This whimsical one is called Old MacDonald.

IMG_1202 IMG_1200 And this one – Scarlet Pimpernel – of course!

These wallpaper samples are all painted and I was thinking of framing some of the images or perhaps framing them inside wall mouldings as a feature.  Though, I have to admit I feel a little apprehensive about actually cutting them out of the book.

What do you think I should do with them?

I hope you are all enjoying your summer I certainly have been and I’ll be taking some time off so this will be my last post for a little while.  Have a great weekend!  Cheers!

 

I believe that every space can be comfortable, warm, elegant and beautiful. I would love to help you achieve your beautiful space!

Email me at lisa@lisagouletdesign.com or if in the Ottawa area call me at      613-762-0818.

Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment