Sunday, January 16, 2011

LIVING ROOM UPDATE – CHAPTER 4

Time for another update to my living room makeover.  I was so happy to receive my newly recovered wing chairs, just before Christmas.  Which was wonderful, as I was hosting Christmas Eve dinner for 16 and needed all the chairs I could get. Here’s the original chairs - IMG_1490
And the fabric that I decided upon was from Robert Allen – you can’t quite see it on this photo but it has subtle gray threads through it.


197530_d
And the whole reason, why I decided on reupholstering instead of slip covering, the upholstery tacks that I fell in love with.


photo
And here’s the fabulous “newly” done chairs.

IMG_3196Since I went with such a patterned area rug (see previous post) , I kept the chairs in a solid pattern.  And because I like to change things up quite often, I choose a neutral colour, so this way I’m not tied into a colour that I grow tired off. 

Here’s a close up of the upholstery tacks.
IMG_3206
So lovely!  I’m so happy with this little detail.  Stay tuned for the next changes I’ve planned…..

I’m linking up to Metamorphosis Monday’s blog party at Between Naps on the Porch.  Make sure and check out all the other fabulous transformations!

One_on_sidebar

Also linked up to Boogieboard Cottage – Masterpiece Monday. Click on button below to visit and see the other masterpieces.

Boogieboardcottagehtmlbagde-4-2-1
I believe that every space can be comfortable, warm, elegant and beautiful. I would love to help you achieve your beautiful space! Email me at lisa@lisagouletdesign.com or if in the Ottawa area call me at 613-762-0818.

Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment