Wednesday, May 25, 2011

BRINGING NATURE IN......

Have you noticed all the natural elements in design lately.  I love to see a little piece of nature in every room.  Makes me feel at ease and comfortable right away.


Here's some examples that you can incorporate into your spaces.

Source: lookbook.elledecor.com 

I found lots of examples of cute little wooden stools.  These ones look almost cartoon-ish.

Beach House Bridgehampton modern bedroom
via Houzz

This twig lamp is adorable and I love it with all the glamour items.  It adds a nice bit of tension to the vignette.



More wooden stools, but look at that view!

Life in the Fun Lane Blog eclectic entry
via Houzz - Life in the Fun Lane

This is a very cute idea but I think only in a country or cottage home.  I've also seen branches used a rustic curtain rod.  

Source: lookbook.elledecor.com

More stools, but I'm a little distracted my the naked figurine artwork to the right......


dining room contemporary dining room

via Houzz - Elad Gonen & Zeev Beech

I love, love, love this table.  I just don't want to think about the pet fur and dust that would get caught in it.....









family room modern family room
via Houzz-  Dufner Heighes Inc

Another twig table.....same thing I'm thinking about....but I do love it.  I guess I should just let the cleaning lady worry about it..... ;)

House Sussex modern living room
via Houzz -  David Churchill
Here's an interesting spindle treatment....not too sure if it would meet the building code....

Family Room Details traditional family room
via Houzz -  Cristi Holcombe

Simple accessory, but effective. 

Tricia Rose  living room
via Houzz -  Tricia Rose
Rustic handmade table and frame.  Notice the farm tools reflected in the mirror on the opposite wall.  

Tricia Rose  living room
via Houzz - Tricia Rose
And a rustic barn wood turned into a headboard.  Definitely for the country house.

Architectural and Interior Photography modern family room
via Houzz -  Craig Denis

Another interesting lamp and I am pining over the woven coffee table as well.

Metal decor modern living room
via Houzz -  CNW PRODUCTION

Again, simple but effective.  

Beach House Bridgehampton modern living room
via Houzz -  Amy Lau Design

And if the coffee table doesn't get you the branches hanging out in the corner will!



Source: lookbook.elledecor.com

Interesting coffee table and what beautiful graining on the chairs...so classic and beautiful!

Source: lookbook.elledecor.com 

A simple wood block coffee table, perfect for the outdoors.
Source: lookbook.elledecor.com

Another wood and glass table and the puppy isn't too bad either.
Source: lookbook.elledecor.com
Here's the table without the glass.  Everything else in the space is sleek and this table brings in the warmth.
 
Source: lookbook.elledecor.com

Okay these aren't my style but thought I would include them, as they are different.

And some more stools to finish off this post.  Using them as twin coffee tables is a nice change.


So how have you brought nature into your home?  


I believe that every space can be comfortable, warm, elegant and beautiful. I would love to help you achieve your beautiful space!  

Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment