Wednesday, May 26, 2010

BASKETS, VASES, PAILS, BOXES

Okay, I have to admit that one of my secret, well maybe not so secret obsessions is organization and storage.  I have a small addiction problem collecting containers of all types, shapes and sizes.  I love baskets, vases, pails, boxes, apothecary jars any type of container that can hold things….  I have quite the assortment in my home and cottage and I can’t stop buying them.  I move them around from room to room, home to cottage, cottage to home and change what I store in them almost constantly. I love to find a different use for containers that I hadn’t thought of before.  Here’s some that I have and some that I covet.

Mt. Shadows traditional bedroom
Such a beautiful armoire…I love armoires and the baskets on top just add to the love.
Connecticut House eclectic kitchen
What a great unfitted kitchen!  This table/island is spectacular!  Look at those legs!
Lettered Cottage kitchen traditional kitchen
I love seeing baskets in the kitchen.

Traditional Kitchen traditional kitchen
More baskets in the kitchen…..

A Beach Cottage traditional
I love the woven stool – but I really love the wooden box!

This is an old sap bucket that was left at our cottage so I’m now using it as a vase….

Galvanized Metal Pail, Set of 3

These cute little galvanized pails (from Pottery Barn) are adorable for holding little necessities and they remind me of my sap pail.

IMG_0750

This is one of my favourite container to use as a vase, it’s actually an old metal coffee/tea jug.  But I think it is perfect as a flower holder….

Ella Glass Canister, Small

I have some of these in my kitchen as well also holding lemons and limes, faux pears and wine corks and some in my bathroom holding cotton balls and Q-tips. These canisters can be used everywhere and for everything.  The pail in the back is pretty cool too!

IMG_0755

I love this retro mint green tin container which is in my laundry room filled with detergent. 

Glass Box, Small

Here’s some great glass boxes (also Pottery Barn) that you can use to store or display lots of things…imagine some sand in the bottom with your special seashells from your last beach vacation…..

And of course Ikea’s Emu boxes – I have these everywhere….

One of my favourite things from Ikea - their Antonius basket insert but my daughters and I use them for makeup storage.  Two of them fit perfectly in my long shallow bathroom drawer for keeping eye shadow and lipstick sorted and tidy.

Winston Basket, Bushel

I am loving these Winston baskets from Pottery Barn – they would be great for magazines, too…

Even my pets find new ways to use my storage items.  Here’s how Pixie and Milo like to use my new Pottery Barn basket, which is on top of the bookcase!

Do you have any unique containers that you use in interesting ways? 

No comments:

Post a Comment