Wednesday, May 12, 2010

GREEN




Here's another post talking about colour and this week it's GREEN!  Green is my favourite colour!  I love everything green - I think of spring, new beginnings, nature and money when I see green.   

Green is opposite red on the colour wheel and being a redhead with green eyes I love to wear green.


Green is actually a cool colour but I always think of it as a warm colour.  Unlike any other colour green is a natural neutral, it incorporates cool blue and warm yellow (that's probably why I think of it as a warm colour ;0).  This dual personality of green allows it to be as effective as a backdrop in living spaces as in a landscape.  Historic houses often have hunter green, khaki or celadon as a bridge between it's architecture and nature.  Even as a dark intense shade it is still considered a neutral.  Our eyes can see more shades of green than any other colour.


If you like green you'll feel secure and balanced in a room painted this colour.  If you do not like green you may feel detached and cool in the same room.  Physically green is refreshing, relaxing, rejuvenating and nourishing as well as nurturing.  It can be a bad business colour as it doesn't seem important or serious enough, though some banks use green in their banners!!  It is associated most often with growth, rebirth, renewal and youth as well as with prosperity (hence the banks...), harmony and healing.


Now, using it in your rooms.  Lime green may not be the best colour for a baby or child's room as it has a lot of yellow in it and may be too stimulating.  Greens look particularly great against stained wood, especially those with red hues.  It's not good to use green in a north facing room as it will feel cold.

Here's some living areas with green


A soft fresh green in this space....

I'm loving these green chairs....
A teal stairway...a bold choice!

Love this lime green door!
This green would be easy to live with

Love this green damask wallpaper!

This makes me think of the Jetsons! (now I'm dating myself)...
Now some kitchens!

More great green wallpaper - even the shelves are done!

Cool green grass back splash!

Beautiful grass green kitchen....

Glowing green glass back splash..WOW!

NOW BEDROOMS.....

Upholstered bed in cool graphic pattern!

Love the hits of green but I'm really loving those large lanterns....
Beautiful floral wallpaper!
Makes you feel like there's a tree coming in....
AND A FEW MORE....



Love these cabinets...

Aren't these rugs adorable?

 A mod space...
Beautiful Pottery Barn towels

Cool accents of green and love the chair fabric!

A green exterior from my trip to Cuba!

I believe that every space can be comfortable, warm, elegant and beautiful. I would love to help you achieve your beautiful space – email me at lisa@lisagouletdesign.com or if in the Ottawa area call me at 613-762-0818.





Credits: via desktopworldinfo; via freeextras; via weirdomatic; via curbly.com; via House&Home; via Living etc; via style at home; via Homes & Gardens, May 09; via interiordesignings; via desire to inspire; via domino mag; via Pottery Barn

No comments:

Post a Comment