Monday, May 17, 2010

COME RIGHT IN!

Well here's another one of my transformations.  I have a typical suburban entry way that was okay but needed some style.

Here's the before:
 






So I had been debating and debating about painting the interior of the exterior door black. I love black doors, especially black french doors but I had been waffling around about this. Probably because all those mullions were scaring me off.


So finally one day I said enough take a chance and just do it - just like Nike says - though after Tiger Woods I don't know if that's a tag line they should keep! ;0
After all that's what I tell my clients -

"It's only paint!"

So here's the afters:




If you look closely in this photo - at the right bottom corner of the door you can see Milo pouting because I locked him into the den as he kept jumping on the chair!!!




Okay I let him out!!


I'm loving these faux vintage keys from Pottery Barn - aren't they the perfect thing to put at the front entry?




I am thrilled with in and how do I know it was the right thing?

No one noticed!!!
The hubby, the four children - only noticed once I said "DID YOU NOTICE THE ENTRANCE WAY?"  They all said it looked like it had been like that all along.   So there you go - all that hemming and hawing about painting and it was perfect after all!  And by the way there was no paint smell to give it away as I used Benjamin Moore's Aura paint in Black Iron (it's a dark gray black).

Click here to check out more transformations at Between Naps on the porch - Met Mondays.





I believe that every space can be beautiful and comfortable.
I'd love to help you achieve your beautiful space – email me at lisa@lisagouletdesign.com or if in the Ottawa area call me at
613-762-0818.


Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment